Come, Mommy

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Bits And Pieces Of Pre-Christmas Minutia

Yup, it's less than 48 hours until Christmas. The last week has been crazy because...

****

I found out Wednesday morning that I was the designated person responsible for acquiring bouquests for the teacher's assistant and for the aftercare teacher at Liam's school. This was not a problem as I was sure I could get FTD or somesuch website to deliver two bouquets to our house Wednesday afternoon that I could take to school for the Christmas party on Thursday. I called, and sure enough, I was guaranteed that two beautiful winter bouquets would be delivered by 5:00 PM. At 8:00, there were no bouquets, and the customer care center at the website was closed, as was the local florist. So I went to a nice grocery store, grabbed one of every kind of wintery flower they had on hand, and made two really nice bouquets for the teachers.

The next morning, I took my bouquets and both kids to school, had the party (the teachers really liked their flowers), and came home. On the porch were the two bouquets I had ordered the day before. They were very pretty and looked nice in my home, but since they had been ordered for another occasion and were late, too late in fact, I called the website back. They promptly refunded my money AND we got to keep the bouquets. So yay for flowerssenttoday.com!

********

Liam came down with an ear infection Monday. He did make it school this week, more because he wanted to go than because he was really up to going, but he's still a little tired. His pediatrician got herself fired for telling him rudely that his symptoms don't make sense, and his ears don't hurt when she peers inside.

(There's a long story here, but I'm not going into it now. Suffice it to say a change in medical staff is necessary.)

*********

Kieran caught the bug from Liam, and ran his first high fever - he woke up at 3:30 Friday morning with a 101.30 temperature. But with Motrin and TLC, he seems better by this weekend..

********

I caught the bug from the kids, and spent this morning in the ER. I thought about waiting and calling my internist tomorrow morning, but really, that's crazy. I don't even know if the office is open on Christmas Eve.

********

My husband is wonderful. He's handled both kids pretty much by himself since Friday afternoon, except for nursing duties.

********

Yesterday, Kevin and the boys made these yummy white chocolate chip-cranberry cookies. They are so good!

********

And, while waiting for my antibiotic prescription to be filled, I bought Kevin and me a bottle of champagne for refreshment while playing Santa tomorrow night. I hope the kids cooperate and stay asleep.

(Don't worry, I didn't buy anything requiring complex assembly.)

*******

I don't know if I'll be back before the Big Day, but if not, Happy Holidays to everyone!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home